Consider the following six tips when planning your internal office move:
1. Begin planning your move as soon as possible. Whether you are moving hundreds of workstations to a different building on campus or moving equipment and cubicles to re-carpet your office, planning and scheduling each step in advance makes your move more efficient and helps eliminate the headaches office moves can bring.
2. Choose a project manager who has the time to handle overseeing all of the details of your move. Office managers generally have a full schedule, so consider another employee with excellent organizational skills.
3. If possible, schedule the move outside of office hours. Moving after hours or on weekends minimizes disruption to your business operations and means less stress for everyone!
4. Notify your building manager about the move in advance. If you are not moving during business hours, the building manager may need to make arrangements for someone to allow your movers access to the building. Cancel any contracts, such as regular office cleaning, shredding or weekly staff catering deliveries and advise them of your new address.
5. Take advantage of the move. This is a great opportunity for you to do a clear out and get rid of clutter. Our sister company Cyclone Shredding can help with all your decluttering needs when it comes to getting rid of old boxes of paper,files, hard . Decluttering has many benefits and is beneficial for productivity.
Do you have additional tips for external or internal office moves? We want to hear them! To see our rates and learn more about our crate hire service click here.